5 arrested during investigation/87 weapons seized:
Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff’s Detective Bryon Lawson along with Detective James Sizemore, Maj. Chuck Johnson, Detective Sgt. Chris Edwards, and Bailiff Jacklyn Johnson arrested five individuals off KY 1223 approximately 6 miles southeast of London on Tuesday evening June 4, 2019 at approximately 5:44 PM. The arrests occurred while detectives and deputies were investigating a drug complaint in that area and found a male subject at a residence in possession of digital scales, a large sum of US currency, 87 handguns and long guns two of which were reported stolen weapons thus far, and marijuana. Investigation is continuing on the other weapons to determine their rightful owners. This individual was also a convicted felon. In addition, while detectives and deputies were on scene conducting their investigation four individuals pulled into the driveway in vehicles and following an investigation by the Sheriff’s office were determined to be driving under the influence. One of those individuals was also wanted on an outstanding warrant. The five arrested individuals were identified as:
• the resident of the home there – Donald Jones age 69 of East Highway 1223, Corbin charged with possession of a handgun by a convicted felon; two counts of receiving stolen property – firearm; trafficking in marijuana first offense.
• Eddie Wilburn age 61 of Gray, KY driving a tan colored Ford F150 charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence – first offense.
• Kirstyn Ashley Swanner age 24 of Corbin driving a silver colored Toyota Tacoma pickup charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence – first offense; possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense; no registration plates; possession of marijuana.
• Heather R. Sizemore age 21 of Corbin driving a red colored Chevrolet Cobalt charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence – first offense.
• Robin Weaver age 23 of London driving a gray Hyundai Sonata charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence – first offense; possession of drug paraphernalia; possession of marijuana. In addition, this subject was wanted on an outstanding bench warrant of arrest charging failure to appear in court.
All five individuals were lodged in the Laurel County detention center. Photos of accused attached are courtesy of the Laurel County. Photos of 87 weapons seized provided by Deputy Gilbert Acciardo