9 arrested during Burglary investigation in Laurel county:
Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Chris Edwards along with Major Chuck Johnson, Detective James Sizemore, Detective Bryon Lawson, Detective Kyle Gray, Deputy Taylor McDaniel, Deputy Tommy Houston, and Sgt. Brett Reeves have arrested 9 individuals this past week beginning on October 3, 2019 regarding the burglary and theft of property from a residence off Cold Hill Road, approximately 5 miles west of London. The arrests occurred after Sheriff’s investigators conducted the investigation which led to numerous individuals some of which drove a truck and trailer to the residence loading household items including cabinets, railing, curtains, dishes, furniture, a bedroom set, water heaters, and personal items. Video surveillance placed individuals at the residence who were subsequently identified and detectives and deputies traveled to numerous locations identifying suspects and arresting suspects. Arrests occurred off Cold Hill Rd., Laurel Lake Rd. North, West 5th St. in London, and Vaughn Ridge Road. A large amount of stolen property valued at approximately $20,000 was recovered at a residence off Siler Hill in Knox County – Corbin city limits and has been returned to the victim. Sheriff’s investigators were led to a residence during the course of the burglary investigation leading to the discovery of Meth pipes and a large amount of marijuana and a handgun in possession of 2 convicted felons there. The arrested individuals are identified as:
· Dennis Michael Johnson age 35 of Somerset Rd., London charged with burglary – second-degree; theft by unlawful taking $500 or more but under $10,000.
· Ashley Nicole Jones age 36 of Hawk Creek Rd., London charged with burglary – second-degree; theft by unlawful taking under $500.
Follow-up investigation led Sheriff’s investigators to arrest:
· Frederick E. Wilt age 48 of West 5th St., Corbin charged with facilitation to commit burglary – second-degree – allegedly provided a vehicle so other suspects could obtain a dining room set from the residence on Cold Hill Road.
· Johnny L. Arthur age 46 of Laurel Lake Rd., North, London charged with theft by unlawful taking $500 or more but under $10,000 – this subject was observed on video surveillance where a zero turn mower and other items were stolen.
· Robbie Bert Baker age 41 of Steven Ln., Williamsburg charged with burglary – second-degree; theft by unlawful taking $500 or more but under $10,000. In addition, this subject was charged on a Laurel District Court bench warrant of arrest charging failure to appear in court on charges of flagrant nonsupport – arrearage owed $30,467.90. Another Laurel District Court bench warrant of arrest charging failure to appear in court. A Kentucky parole board parole violation warrant charging absconding parole supervision; failure to report to parole officer as directed; failure to make restitution as directed; failure to follow special instructions of parole officer regarding a conviction in Laurel Circuit Court on charges of manufacturing methamphetamine – first offense; receiving stolen property $500 or more and under $10,000; burglary – third-degree.
As the investigation continued Sheriff’s investigators charged:
· Lori Ann Havelka age 39 of Arkle Rd., Gray with theft by unlawful taking $500 or more but under $10,000 – this subject allegedly admitted unlawfully taking dishes and furniture from the residence on Cold Hill Road.
Laurel Sheriff’s detectives and deputies then traveled to another residence off Vaughn Ridge Road as the burglary investigation continued and located meth pipes, marijuana, and 2 convicted felons in possession of a handgun there. The arrested individuals were identified as :
· Patrick Watkins age 53 of O Neill Court, London charged with possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – second offense – methamphetamine; possession of a handgun by a convicted felon; possession of drug paraphernalia; trafficking in marijuana – first offense.
· Teddy Dean Vaughn age 57 of Von Ridge Rd., London charged with possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – methamphetamine possession of a handgun by a convicted felon; possession of drug paraphernalia; trafficking in marijuana first offense.
· Jessica Sizemore age 32 of Les Hubbard Rd., London, charged with possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – second offense – methamphetamine; possession of a handgun by a convicted felon; possession of drug paraphernalia; trafficking in marijuana first offense.
All eight individuals were lodged in the Laurel County correctional center. Photos of accused attached are courtesy of the Laurel County correctional center. Over $20,000 worth of items stolen from the residence on Cold Hill Road have been returned to the lawful owner. Other items and some personal items stolen from the victim are still being sought by investigators. The investigation is continuing with more arrests expected.